Date:      Sun, 26 Apr 2020 16:17:33 -0400
From:      Keith <keith@keithf4.com>
To:        python@freebsd.org
Subject:   Missing dependency for py-certbot

I recently did an update of my ports tree and I honestly can't remember
which versions I had installed previously that were working fine, but after
installing the latest version of py-certbot and
py-certbot-dns-digitalocean, I started running into this error

$ sudo certbot renew
An unexpected error occurred:
pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound: The 'importlib_metadata' distribution
was not found and is required by jsonpickle
Please see the logfile '/tmp/tmpn1vf5r5c/log' for more details.

I installed the devel/py-importlib-metadata port and that fixed the error.
I don't see this listed as a dependency port on freshports for certbot
https://www.freshports.org/security/py-certbot/