Date:      Mon, 28 Aug 2000 18:54:39 +0300
From:      Nimrod Mesika <nimrodm@bezeqint.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Fortran (Re: Question.)

On Thu, Aug 24, 2000 at 05:49:54PM +0200, Marc van Woerkom wrote:
> I do not know of a Fortran 90 compiler yet (which by the way is a horrible
> abonimation of a language in my personal opinion but who am I to judge :-)
>
> BUT, if you know some open source Fortran 90 compiler, you might point
> people on it (eg here) and chances are good that somebody might help
> porting it.

Didn't Watcom open source their Fortran compiler recently?
Read the press release:

        http://www.openwatcom.org/in_press1.html

Of course, the FAQ says we're not there yet:

Q: When can I get the source code?

A: Preparing such a large project for its Open Source debut will
   take several months, so initially SciTech Software and a select
   group of external developers will be working to prepare the
   source code for release under an Open Source license.  Once the
   source code has been prepared for release, the complete source to
   the Open Watcom products will be released on this web site.  We
   hope that the Open Source 1.0 compiler release will be ready
   sometime near the end of the first quarter of 2001.

--
Nimrod.
http://www.geocities.com/rodd_27: Prep