Date:      Thu, 02 Nov 2000 19:50:56 +1000
From:      Greg Black <gjb@gbch.net>
To:        Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <jruigrok@via-net-works.nl>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Time to close the list?

Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven writes:

> -On [20001102 09:45], Greg Black (gjb@gbch.net) wrote:
> >Maybe it's time to close the list so that it only accepts
> >messages from subscribers.  The spam was bad enough, but the
> >virus warnings are over the top.  Sigh.
>
> I personally prefer mailing the backarsed company producing this piece
> of junk.

If you can get through to them, go right ahead.

> I mean Precedence: bulk is a frigging standard.

You know that and I know that and probably all the legitimate
subscribers to the list know that -- but we're dealing with
cretins here, and so we need to take effective steps against
them.  I don't want to unsubscribe, but I don't want all the
junk either.

--
Greg Black <gjb@acm.org>
Join the fight against spam: http://www.cauce.org/