Date:               Mon, 15 May 1995 20:47:12 +500
From:      "Randall O. Berndt" <rberndt@mercury.netropolis.net>
To:        Questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:         Serial<->Net<->Serial pipe????

First, on a 1 to 10 BSD scale, I am a 1.5 or so, please
"flame-refrain"......

I would like to hook up 2 pc's, in different cities, with their
serial ports "net-connected". Anything that goes in one, comes out
the other, and vice-versa. This will be used to let a couple of dumb
terminals log on to a machine that only has serial port access.

Telnet puts you at a login prompt, so that won't work. Has anyone out
there already done something like this? Am I missing some really easy
and obvious solution?

Thanks.

Randy Berndt
[Signature, like all highways in Houston, under construction.]