Date:      Fri, 25 Sep 1998 19:39:53 -0500
From:      Stormy Henderson <stormy@futuresouth.com>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Window Maker Stuff (wmmon & wmppp!)

A happy camper (Jerry Alexandratos, alexandr@mail.eecis.udel.edu) once wrote...
> compile WM-0.20.0 and everything seems to go fine.  However, I've [...]
> The first is that the configure doesn't recognize -lgif.  I've looked at

Well, my make of WM-0.20.0 went perfectly, with all of the ports
collection supped at the same time I upgraded the WM port.  It installed a
half-dozen depended ports, so it wasn't a case of me already having the
necessary libraries.

Mostly I just wanted to mention that WMMon and WMPPP have been ported to
FreeBSD and work great.  They don't have a port in the collection yet, but
you can get the patches from their web page at:
http://windowmaker.mezaway.org

To use WMPPP you need to have PPP compiled into the kernel; the tun0 ppp
isn't supported.

Be happy...
--
                      http://www.futuresouth.com/~stormy/signature.html