Date:      Wed, 29 Aug 2012 12:59:30 -0700
From:      Garrett Cooper <yanegomi@gmail.com>
To:        Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@leidinger.net>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, Eitan Adler <eadler@freebsd.org>, portmgr@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Regression in PREFIX handling in packages

On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 12:48 PM, Alexander Leidinger
<Alexander@leidinger.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Aug 2012 15:28:36 -0400 Eitan Adler <eadler@freebsd.org>
> wrote:
>
>> On 29 August 2012 15:17, Alexander Leidinger
>> <Alexander@leidinger.net> wrote:
>> > Could it be that my problem comes from r231300 and I was lucky that
>> > I didn't create a package on the machine with the
>> > symlinked /usr/local and used it on a machine with a
>> > normal /usr/local?

Symlinking would be a problem if you built it on one machine and
installed it on another.

> Wouldn't it be better to use
> ---snip---
> if (Prefix[0] != '/' && realpath(...
> ---snip---
> in this case? Attention: I just guessed what Prefix is and what it
> should contain by looking at the diff, I didn't had a look at the
> declaraction and assignments of Prefix.

That would cause problems in some cases where someone called
pkg_create -p /usr/foobar/../local

If this commit causes more harm than good, please back it out --
pkg_install is going to die soon anyhow, so I'd rather not fritter
away time debating its usefulness if it breaks a valid use case.

Thanks,
-Garrett