Date:      Fri, 10 Apr 2009 11:13:42 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, Parv <parv@pair.com>
Subject:   Re: Portupgrade still broken?

On Friday 10 April 2009 06:03:54 am Torfinn Ingolfsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 2:57 PM,  <parv@pair.com> wrote:
> > What was the last working version? =A0It would be simpler for this
> > Ruby simpleton to generate a patch than to debug through the
> > stack trace.
>
> FWIW, my current workaround for thi problem is to portdowngrade to the
> latest portupgrade 2.4.3
> portupgrade-2.4.3_2,2 is working.
>
> HTH

I looked at the timeline using cvsweb.cgi and I think the change to the -R=
=20
option in 2.4.3 to "Exclude up-to-date packages" is when it stopped working=
=20
for me at times. I thought it was a mismatch between versions of the ruby=20
ports. I would force rebuild -fR portupgrade and it would go away. With the=
=20
changes to the port system between 4 and 6 April 2009, I could make it fail=
=20
100% trying to -rR libxcb.=20

The machine that had the archive of email I had sent in 2008 died. Now, it=
=20
looks like there is something that is being stomped on when you have too ma=
ny=20
dependancies. I looked at the version on my system but I don't speak Ruby :=
).

Kent

=2D-=20
Kent Stewart