Date:      Sun, 31 May 1998 19:25:22 -0700
From:      Darryl Okahata <darrylo@sr.hp.com>
To:        Dave Bodenstab <imdave@mcs.net>
Cc:        dufault@hda.com, freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.ORG, skynyrd@opus.cts.cwu.edu
Subject:   Re: Micropolis 4345WS (Toshiba "Equium" 6200M)

Dave Bodenstab <imdave@mcs.net> wrote:

> I found the reference:
>
>     http://www.addit.de/SUPPORT/micr-eproms.htm
>
> but the site seems to be down (Sun, 5/31)  Any chance you could send it
> to me?

     How about someone making it available somewhere?  I've been trying
www.addit.de all weekend, without any luck.  This seems to be the only
place with Micropolis firmware.

>   - any hints/cautions/etc. about removing and reinstalling the CPU?

     Supposedly, the Intel PR440FX motherboard is used.  If so, Intel
has tons of documentation for this at:

	http://support.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/PR440FX/

Other useful information:

* Toshiba has a fair amount (click on the links on the left pane to get
  to the Equium 6200M info):

	http://www.csd.toshiba.com/tais/csd/support/techsupport.html

* In particular, Toshiba's info on adding a second CPU can be found
  under the tech support bulletins of the 6200M.

* Unfortunately, Toshiba's link doesn't seem to mention some important
  facts about adding a second processor.  See the PR440FX FAQ:

	http://developer.intel.com/design/motherbd/pr/pr_inst.htm

  In particular, see:

	http://developer.intel.com/design/motherbd/pr/pr_inst.htm#1A

  It appears that a BIOS upgrade may be necessary (one newer than that
  available from Toshiba).

     -- Darryl Okahata
	Internet: darrylo@sr.hp.com

constitute the support, opinion, or policy of Hewlett-Packard, or of the
little green men that have been following him all day.