Date:      Mon, 18 Jan 2016 15:45:04 +0900
From:      Qian Wanpeng <wanpengqian@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   ZFS WARNING: Unable to create ZVOL (error=17).

Hello.

I am running bhyve with 11 Current. SVN version is r291495

and I have problem about zfs recv -F

basicly. I backup the vm machine by

zfs send -R /zones/vm/win7pro@20160117 | lz4 - win7pro_20161117.lz4

and then transfer win7pro_20161117.lz4 to other machine, and then using

lz4cat win7pro_20161117.lz4 | zfs recv -F zones/vm/win7pro

to have a copy.

I do this several times with other vms, it runs fine.

today when I run zfs recv, the dmesg has a WARNING message:

ZFS WARNING: Unable to create ZVOL zones/vm/win7pro/disk0@afterinstall
(error=17).

(I also have a snapshot of afterinstall)

and zfs list -t snapshot is

zones/vm/win7pro@afterinstall        11.5K      -  21.5K  -
zones/vm/win7pro@20160117              12K      -  22.5K  -
zones/vm/win7pro/disk0@afterinstall  2.70G      -  5.83G  -
zones/vm/win7pro/disk0@20160117      10.0G      -  13.1G  -

when I boot the VM. it crash at somepoint.

any idea what is going on?

I try zfs recv in the same host, same result(also has the WARNING message.)

and I try dd the disk0 to file, and then restore from file. the vm runs
fine.

Thanks.