Date:      Fri, 19 Sep 2003 20:17:12 +0400
From:      Nickolay Krylov <freebsd@anapanet.ru>
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   making 4.8-RELEASE-p7

Hello, freebsd-security.

I'm trying to build 4.8-RELEASE-p7 to distribute it trought my
clients. What am I doing:

#cd /usr/share/examples/cvsup
#cvsup standard-supfile       (after I've done necessary changes)
#cd /usr/src
#make buildworld

Thus, I have /usr/obj "populated with the output of ``make
buildworld''" as it described in man 7 release.

Then, I have read "FreeBSD Release Engineering" by Murray Stokely, but
can't understand for what

#make release

use env variable CVSROOT???!!!!

All what I want to do - make 4.8p7 release (FTP version) from sources what I've cvsuped
from RELENG_4_8 i.e. ONLY 4.8-RELEASE with security updates.

Help me please, my english not perfect, may be therefore I don't
understand anything.

Thanks in advance, NK.

--
Best reqards,