Date:      Fri, 04 Apr 1997 12:15:08 +0100
From:      Lee McLoughlin <lmjm@doc.ic.ac.uk>
To:        dg@root.com
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>, hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Things moving around on ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD

David Greenman wrote:

>    We don't have Veritas available and I'm not willing to use CCD due to
> too high a drive failure rate.

CCD?

> >If you decide against it I have some patches for wu-ftpd that gets pwd
> >to report where you chdir'd to not where you physically are.  So if
> >FreeBSD/fred/joe is a symlink to ../../../.01/joe then
> >       cd FreeBSD/fred/joe
> >       pwd             -> FreeBSD/fred/joe
> >
> >This doesn't help with mirroring at all but can help avoid confusing
> >users.
>
>    Sounds pretty evil and in any case, we're not using wu-ftpd.

I don't think its evil, several shells now do it (eg: bash).

> Look, if
> people can just deal with this for the short term, we'll eventually move
> FreeBSD to a 9GB drive and this will be a non-issue again.

Sorry if you felt I was trying to get at you, or something.  Its just
from
past experience I've found these things help.

--
Lee McLoughlin.                         Phone: +44 171 594 8388
IC-Parc, Imperial College,              Fax:   +44 171 594 8432