Date:      Mon, 27 Mar 2000 07:14:38 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Johnny Eriksson <bygg@swip.net>
To:        Randy Bush <randy@psg.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Laptoppers <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ietf suport

On Mon, 27 Mar 2000, Randy Bush wrote:

> i am running 3.4+pao-20000130 on a sony 505tx.  i can not get the wireless
> working here at ietf.  no layer two.
>
> i run the following to init the cards
>
>     /usr/sbin/wicontrol -i wi0 -q IETF47
>     /usr/sbin/wicontrol -i wi0 -f 9
>     /usr/sbin/wicontrol -i wi0 -p 1
>
> no response to dhclient requests

I use the following script to set up the card:

#!/bin/sh
wicontrol -i wi0 -p 1
wicontrol -i wi0 -n ''

The rest if my card config is default.  Using 3.3 with PAO.

> any clues?

I have noticed that at a couple of times the base station I was connected
to did not have contact with the rest of the net, but I think that you
don't even get link, is that right?

> randy

--Johnny