Date:      Thu, 2 Aug 2001 05:53:22 -0300 (BRST)
From:      Rik van Riel <riel@conectiva.com.br>
To:        Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        craig <craiglei@pasia.com.cn>, <tlambert2@mindspring.com>, <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: How to visit physical memory above 4G?

On Wed, 1 Aug 2001, Mike Smith wrote:

> > I know PIII can support 64G physical memory. In FreeBSD how can I visit
> > such range memory(4G-64G) ?
>
> You can't.  Those memory ranges are strictly off-limits to
> non-US citizens.

And under the DMCA, US citizens aren't allowed to build
or distribute PAE36 circumvention devices.

Rik
--
Executive summary of a recent Microsoft press release:
   "we are concerned about the GNU General Public License (GPL)"

		http://www.surriel.com/
http://www.conectiva.com/	http://distro.conectiva.com/