Date:      Mon, 27 Nov 2000 01:34:44 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
Cc:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>, smp@FreeBSD.ORG, jhb@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: disk IO terrible in smpng?

--45Z9DzgjV8m4Oswq

On Sun, Nov 26, 2000 at 06:16:05PM -0400, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> > This is with -current from yesterday, Tor Egge told me to remove
> > some of the debugging code like MUTEX_DEBUG and the WITNESS
> > stuff, it seems quicker now.

Ah, I wondered what that was. Doing e.g. a cvs update can cause my
machine to spend 90% CPU time in the kernel. I'll remove the debug
options.

> 'K, definitely not my problem ... I don't have any of that turned on
> ... ah well, isn't killing me too much, just grin and bear it :)

That might have been a problem with /dev/random..Mark committed a
change to not make it malloc all the time, I havent had a wedge since
then and I've been stressing my system reasonably hard today.

Kris

--45Z9DzgjV8m4Oswq

--45Z9DzgjV8m4Oswq--