Date:      Sun, 16 Sep 2012 17:41:25 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Rick Macklem <rmacklem@uoguelph.ca>
To:        FS List <freebsd-fs@freebsd.org>
Subject:   testing/review of atomic export update patch

Hi,

There is a simple patch at:
  http://people.freebsd.org/~rmacklem/atomic-export.patch
that can be applied to a kernel + mountd, so that the new
nfsd can be suspended by mountd while the exports are being
reloaded. It adds a new "-S" flag to mountd to enable this.
(This avoids the long standing bug where clients receive ESTALE
 replies to RPCs while mountd is reloading exports.)

I am emailing to request testing and/or review of this patch
by anyone who is interested. (One site has reported that the
patch worked well for them and another is testing it as I type
this.)

Thanks in advance for any comments, rick