Date:      Mon, 3 Sep 2001 17:32:12 +0000 (UTC)
From:      naddy@mips.inka.de (Christian Weisgerber)
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Reproducible -CURRENT panic

Compiling ports/shells/ksh93 with Compaq C reliably panics -CURRENT.

To reproduce:
- Install linux_base and compaq-cc.
- cd /usr/ports/shells/ksh93; export CC=ccc CFLAGS= ; make

The build proceeds through various configuration checks that take
several minutes on my PC164/500, then the box panics.  Every time.
This already happened before Marcel's Linuxulator changes, and it
still happens with them.

panic: mutex process lock not owned at /usr/src/sys/alpha/alpha/machdep.c:1242

db> trace
Debugger() at Debugger+0x34
panic() at panic+0x114
_mtx_assert() at _mtx_assert+0x74
osendsig() at osendsig+0xb4
trapsignal() at trapsignal+0x344
trap() at trap+0x114c
XentArith() at XentArith+0x2c
--- arithmetic trap (from ipl 0) ---
--- user mode ---

For further debugging information ("show witness"?  I really have
no clue what's required) I'd have to set up a serial console.