Date:      Sun, 27 Oct 2002 12:11:26 -0800 (PST)
From:      Nate Lawson <nate@root.org>
To:        Soeren Schmidt <sos@spider.deepcore.dk>
Cc:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: burncd/cdcontrol

On Sun, 27 Oct 2002, Soeren Schmidt wrote:
> Well, burncd is about to grow even more DVD support thanks to
> donations of HW etc from our users. As usual it will be totally
> open and free (as in beer)...

That's always good to hear.

> PS: I find it somewhat amusing that the loudest speakers for atapicam
>     and cdrecord etc all, now ask for the ATAPI tools to work on SCSI...

I'd like it even more if the tools did away with the private ioctl
interface and really did speak ATAPI.  If that happened, burncd would
instantly work on many SCSI cd drives.

> PPS: Adding burncd support to the SCSI cd driver is a <30min job...

Yes, it's a cut/paste job because ATAPI is a subset of SCSI (i.e. we are
duplicating code needlessly).

-Nate