Date:      Wed, 15 Nov 1995 08:41:00 +0100 (MET)
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
To:        peter@jhome.DIALix.COM (Peter Wemm)
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: netstat has been broken for a long time..

It seems that Peter Wemm said:
> I thought netstat was deliberately leaving off the unix^H^H^H^Hlocal
> domain sockets unless a switch was specified.  I couldn't find which
> option it was from the man page, so I looked at the source.

Oh dear,  I  thought exactly the same   thing... (and I   was wondering why
NetBSD hasn't implemented it as well when using a friend's machine :-))

> The only problem is that I've grown used to netstat without the unix
> domain sockets at the bottom.  I'm reluctant to fix it for that reason.

I  agree, the "short"  form  is much  better.  An option is   the way to go
IMO. It is change from traditional behaviour but for here for the better.
--
Ollivier ROBERT    -=- The daemon is FREE! -=-    roberto@keltia.frmug.fr.net
   FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 2.2-CURRENT #1: Sun Nov 12 16:47:05 MET 1995