Date:      Tue, 29 May 2007 19:34:06 +0200
From:      Christian Gusenbauer <c47g@gmx.at>
To:        Pieter de Goeje <pieter@degoeje.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: problems with make.conf

--nextPart1558173.qC0bJjGFJI

Hi Pieter!

On Tuesday, 29. May 2007, Pieter de Goeje wrote:
> On Saturday 26 May 2007, Christian Gusenbauer wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I've a problem compiling the port graphics/libGLw. The port's Makefile
> > contains the line
> >
> > CFLAGS+=3D-D__GLX_MOTIF=3D1
> >
> > As long as I don't set my own CFLAGS in /etc/make.conf, the port compil=
es
> > fine. But if I set my own CFLAGS in /etc/make.conf, the CFLAGS+=3D line=
 in
> > the Makefile seems to be ignored (or overwritten by my settings).
> >
> > How do I correctly use the /etc/make.conf file? How can I use my own
> > settings?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Christian.
>
> Have you tried putting CFLAGS+=3D .... (note the +) in make.conf? Otherwi=
se
> you could try setting the correct cflags in the environment before
> executing make, for example: setenv CFLAGS -Os.

Thanks for this tip! I didn't know, that it's possible to use environment=20
variables for this. But the question remains: how to correctly use these=20
settings in make.conf. Because even in the /usr/share/examples/etc/make.con=
f=20
it's documented to use CFLAGS=3D (without the +). But doing it that way, th=
ese=20
settings break port builds.

> HTH,
> Pieter de Goeje