Date:      Mon, 20 Dec 1999 13:22:59 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mikhail Teterin <mi@aldan.algebra.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   adding a PNP modem to sio.c's list

Hi!  I have  this ISA  modem, which  I believe  is a  real thing  (not a
winmodem).

When the kernel boots, it reports:

CSN 1 Vendor ID: CPI1198 [0x9811090e] Serial 0xe71005f4 Comp ID: @@@0000 [0x00000000]

What do I add to isa/sio.c's (or should it be i386/isa/sio.c -- for some
reason they have  separate lists) for it to be  processed a modem? Would
that be

	{ 0xe71005f4, "CPI1198" },
or
	{ 0x9811090e, "CPI1198" },

or something else? If it is recognized as "Serial", why is not it probed
as a serial automaticly? The machine is a dual PII-300... Thanks!

	-mi