Date:      Wed, 31 Jan 1996 09:49:35 +0200 (IST)
From:      Gennady Sorokopud <gena@NetVision.net.il>
To:        "Adam W. Dace" <thekind@NETural.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   RE: Connectix Quick-Cam...Yea/Na?

Hello!

I tried to use qcam with FreeBSD-2.2-current and it works pretty well
(even faster then Win95 :-).

Great work!

On 30-Jan-96 "Adam W. Dace" wrote:
>>Does anyone out there yet have a qcam?  I got my just yesterday, have it=20
>working well with Linux at home, and am wondering if anyone has done the=20
>work to port some of this cool software to FreeBSD?
>
>If not, I might take a crack at it myself.
>
>Also, if anyone's interested, I'll be setting up a directory on our ftp=20
>server -- ftp.netural.com:/pub/linux/qcam, and attempting to mirror all=20
>of the software out there that's available for this awesomely cool,=20
>inexpensive device.
>
>I have a friend (one of several) who are already running web-pages that=20
>do image-grabs from the camera and put it up on their pages.
>
>Please check out http://spunky.roadkill.com/~unwin for an example.  At=20
>the bottom of the page is a link to the QuickCam Reverse Engineer=20
>Project...those darn big companies, when will they learn they can't hide
>what people want to know?
>
>| Adam W. Dace <thekind@NETural.com>  | NETural Communications, Inc.         |
>|            Webmaster                | Paying too much for your Net access? |
>|       http://www.NETural.com/       | NETural Voice: (312) 819-2231        |

--------
 Gennady B. Sorokopud - System programmer at NetVision Israel.
 E-Mail: Gennady Sorokopud <gena@NetVision.net.il>
 Homepage: http://www.netvision.net.il/~gena

 This message was sent at 01/31/96 09:49:35 by XF-Mail