Date:      Tue, 4 Mar 1997 16:53:20 -0800
From:      ted@wildeye.com (Ted Cohn)
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   linux emulation trouble

I'm still getting "./solinst: Exec format error: Wrong Architecture" running on FBSD 2.1.6 (from CD-ROM) even after performing all the steps for emulating linux outlined in the handbook (2.1-STABLE). I rebuilt the kernel for linux emulation and unpacked linux-lib2.0.

I had to load LKM even with emulation in the kernel to get Mosaic(linux) to work.  But more importantly, I'm trying to get Solid's database server (linux vers) running under FreeBSD.

Do I need to upgrade to FBSD 2.2?  Did I miss a step?  Is there any way I can determine what I'm missing?  A way to analyze the binary?  Much thanks in advance...

Ted