Date:      Sun, 1 Mar 1998 09:54:30 -0600
From:      Karl Denninger  <karl@mcs.net>
To:        Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
Cc:        scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: timeout when formatting 9GB Barracuda, scsi errors is missing time

Eeeeeeeeaaaiiii!!!!

Go into the Adaptec utilities (from the disk adapter) and run the verify
utility.  It should reassign (transparently) this, and copy the data at the
same time.

DO NOT let this go.  If you do, that soft (ECC recoverable) error will
likely turn into a hard error and you will lose the data.

Karl Denninger (karl@MCS.Net)| MCSNet - Serving Chicagoland and Wisconsin
http://www.mcs.net/          | T1's from $600 monthly to FULL DS-3 Service