Date:      Sun, 22 Jan 2012 08:17:07 -0800
From:      Robert <traveling08@cox.net>
To:        Jeremy Chadwick <freebsd@jdc.parodius.com>
Cc:        Randy Bush <randy@psg.com>, FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: buildworld: don't know how to make iterator.cc

On Sat, 21 Jan 2012 21:04:06 -0800
Jeremy Chadwick <freebsd@jdc.parodius.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 22, 2012 at 01:37:31PM +0900, Randy Bush wrote:
> > fresh csup, multiple am64 machines trying to go from 8.2 to 9.0
> >
> > it is also on an one i386 running 9.0
> >
> > FreeBSD psg.com 9.0-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 9.0-PRERELEASE #2: Sat Dec
> > 24 13:35:25 GMT 2011     root@psg.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/PSG  i386
> >
> > sh /usr/src/tools/install.sh -s -o root -g wheel -m 555
> > clang-tblgen /usr/obj/usr/src/tmp/legacy/usr/bin ===>
> > gnu/usr.bin/gperf
> > (obj,depend,all,install) /usr/obj/usr/src/tmp/usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/gperf
> > created for /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/gperf ===> gnu/usr.bin/gperf/doc
> > (obj) /usr/obj/usr/src/tmp/usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/gperf/doc created
> > for /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/gperf/doc make: don't know how to make
> > iterator.cc. Stop
>
> Randy, when moving from one to another, are you deleting the contents
> of /usr/src before doing the csup?  More explicitly, this is what you
> should do when going from one release to another:
>
> rm -fr /usr/src
> rm -fr /var/db/sup/src-all
> rm -fr /usr/obj/*
> csup ...

I have this problem on two of my systems. Yesterday I was trying my
weekly update on a i386 9.0 stable and had this failure. This morning
on my i386 8.2 stable I had the same failure.

I csup'd the sources again and it found no changes. I the changed my
supfile from mirro 10 to mirror 5 and it updated many source files. I
am now in the process of building world and it has went well past the
previous failure. I am assuming that it will complete, but if not I
will follow up with another email.

It appears to just be a problem of an un-updated mirror.

HTH

Robert