Date:      Tue, 31 Aug 1999 08:54:02 +1000
From:      "Young" <young@richardson.apana.org.au>
To:        "Christopher Michaels" <ChrisMic@clientlogic.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Unable to connect via ppp (was: Modem Issues)

Maybe the following get to the root of my present problem ....  I would
appreciate your thoughts anyway

Where would I find more detailed info than that contained in  log.ppp
about exactly what timeout is responsible for disconnection ..... since
its apparently NOT the entry in ppp.conf ?? Thats set to "set timeout 0"
 and not the 25 minutes it disconnects at.

Is there something I'm not aware of inherent in FreeBSD that insists on
having data moving otherwise it drops the link ?? .... and if so, is there
a way to disable this ??