Date:      Tue, 05 Aug 1997 15:33:18 -0700
From:      Jason Liao <jasonl@xinetron.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Realtek 8129 Fast Ethernet Card Support?

/* This message is cross posted to freebsd-questions and
freebsd-hardware. */

There is a Fast Ethernet Card based on Realtek 8129 Chip available on
the market.  It's inexpensive, about $30 to $40 per unit.  Is there any
hints about how to make it work with FreeBSD?

I have the DOS packet driver source code for this card.  However, I know
nothing about writing network device driver for UNIX systems.  If anyone
is interested in developing driver for this card, I can provide the DOS
driver source code.  The source code comes with a GNU GPL license.

Please reply to my e-mail address (jasonl@xinetron.com) since I am not
on the mail lists.

Thanks,

Jason