Date:      Wed, 17 Oct 2001 13:10:23 -0500 (EST)
From:      Doug Hass <dhass@imagestream.com>
To:        void <float@firedrake.org>
Cc:        Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>, Ted Mittelstaedt <tedm@toybox.placo.com>, Leo Bicknell <bicknell@ufp.org>, Jim Bryant <kc5vdj@yahoo.com>, MurrayTaylor <taylorm@bytecraft.au.com>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FYI

If you didn't say it, then you weren't the one I was talking about, was I?

:-)

I got several other private mails saying that BSD licensed code was the
one and only way, and 2 or 3 mails (from Ben, among others) saying that
BSD-licensed was preferred.

Either approach is as flawed as someone who claims GPL only or GPL
preferred.  The license terms of add-on drivers and products should be set
according to the needs of the authoring person or company, in my opinion.

Doug