Date:      Mon, 1 Jul 2002 12:12:15 -0400
From:      Mikhail Teterin <mi+mx@aldan.algebra.com>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org, questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   -HUP-ing Apache causes SIGABRT

Hi! I've noticed this a while ago, but only tracked it down today.

Every time newsyslog rotates Apache's logs (or I -HUP Apache myself, or
`apachectl restart') all of the Apache's children processes die from
signal 6. The master process keeps running and quickly reinstantiates
the children, but it does not look healthy :-)

This persisted through several Apache upgrades (don't remember when
it started, though) up to the today's apache+mod_ssl-1.3.26+2.8.9.

The OS is ``4.5-STABLE #1: Mon Feb 11'' (with the 103 days of uptime).

Could this, perhaps, be related to some of the plug-ins we use?

Anyone else seen this? Any clues? Thanks!

	-mi