Date:      Sat, 11 Oct 1997 22:57:13 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Daniel Henninger <daniel@eos.ncsu.edu>
To:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: VFAT/? Problem

> >/kernel: mountmsdosfs(): Warning: root directory is not a multiple of the
> >clustersize in length
> >
> >I know there has been talk about this problem in the past, I am just
> >curious as to what the status of it is.  If no one is looking into it, I
>
> This is a non-problem.  It sometimes occurs together with cluster sizes
> of >= 32K which used to silently corrupt the buffer cache.  That problem
> was fixed last year (except in 2.1.x).

So let me get this straight.  I am to ignore that message?  Why does it
show up if it's not a problem?  Win95 is installed on it's own separate
drive.  One partition on a 1.2 gig disk.  FreeBSD is installed on yet
another disk.  (I apologize for not mentioning this before, but I am
keeping reasonably up to date with FreeBSD-current, so an old version
ought not to be the problem.)

Daniel

\ \\\       Daniel Henninger     http://genjuro.eos.ncsu.edu/daniel        /// /
 \_\\\    North Carolina State University - Computer Science - Senior     ///_/
    \\\ Information Technology and Engineering Computer Services <ITECS> ///