Date:      Sun, 08 Feb 1998 22:24:19 EET
From:      "Alexander Batzios" <nethopper@hotmail.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   XF86Setup

Hullo. I have just installed the 2.2.5 ver of freebsd and all is well
except for Xwindows. When I enter XF86Setup and enter my monitor and
card settings it CAN, yes can, start the X server in 800x600 resolution.
But, when I run startx it goes to 800x600 x 1000 little black lines that
go up and down all the time. I've tried almost every possible modeline
that might fit my monitor (a handarex crystal) but I can't make the
black lines go away. So I thought that if I tried to run X the way
XF86Setup does when it tests the server it might work. Does anyone know
how XF86Setup starts the X server after the message " attempting to
start server? "
Thanks in advance