Date:      Sun, 9 Apr 2023 10:06:25 -0700
From:      possessor.assizer305@aceecat.org
To:        questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Comparable Technologies

On Sun, Apr 09, 2023 at 03:25:21AM -0700, louise9841@gmail.com wrote:

> Hello, I am new to FreeBSD in terms of using it as a home
> router/firewall. Im trying to implement the FreeBSD equivalent or
> similar way of doing things like I did on my Linux Router. Are there
> are equivalent ways/programs for the following:

> 1. Reverse Path Filter (Like on Linux).

> 2. Protection against DHCP Starvation attacks.

> 3. DHCP Snooping

> 4. Reply-Only ARP system with features like(automatically adding
> arps for leases) that keep people from setting a static ip on the
> network and bypassing the queueing done by pf.

As you can see from this thread

https://lists.freebsd.org/archives/freebsd-questions/2023-February/002819.html

there are some major high level differences between the two kernels
when it comes to IP routing, and that may make finding exact analogues of the
Linux firewall features hard or impossible. Or maybe not - I hope not.

--
Ian