Date:      Thu, 13 Dec 2012 17:58:19 +0700
From:      Erich Dollansky <erichsfreebsdlist@alogt.com>
To:        Matthias Gamsjager <mgamsjager@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Release Date Challenge, plus other stuff the project needs

Hi,

On Thu, 13 Dec 2012 11:21:50 +0100
Matthias Gamsjager <mgamsjager@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 6:01 PM, Chad Perrin <perrin@apotheon.com>
> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 01:52:04AM -0500, Anonymous wrote:
> > > We, the users of FreeBSD, *do hereby challenge* the FreeBSD
> > > project to meet its future release dates.
> >
> > I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for 9.1-RELEASE to be
> > finalized.  I desperately want it as soon as possible for a laptop
> > currently running such a piece of shit OS (Debian -- used to be
> > good, but after half a dozen years away it went significantly
> > downhill) that I'm about ready to pull out my hair.  It needs
> > hardware support not available with FreeBSD until now, and I want
> > stable, -RELEASE software on it to suit my needs.
> >

> Wouldn't stable/9 give you the same results as 9.1Release?

I also do not understand this crying here.

There are currently 7.4, 8.3 and 9.0 as a RELEASE out.

Nobody will stop a user to install the current release candidate for
9.1 or even the 10.0.

I would not bother to think a second but take what ever is out there
which seems to fit to my hardware and install it.

If nothing works, I would have a try with 10.

Erich