Date:      Mon, 19 Nov 2001 13:23:13 -0700 (MST)
From:      Rudolfo Munguia <rudog@primenet.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   4.4 pccard insanity

Hello,

Re-read the pccardd man page and ran pccardd -dv from the command line;

The pccardd keeps hanging at ata, which is of course the hard drive which
may explain the fact that I have to manually fsck after each time I start
pccardd.

So, taking the brute-force route, I did:

mv /etc/defaults/pccard.conf /etc/defaults/_pccard.conf

then vi /etc/pccard.conf

io 0x240-0x360
irq 3 5 10 11 15
memory 0xd40000 96k
# Network Everywhere Ethernet 10BaseT PC Card
card "Network Everywhere" "Ethernet 10BaseT PC Card"
	config	auto "ed" ?
	insert	/etc/pccard_ether $device start
	remove	/etc/pccard_ether $device stop

then vi /etc/rc.conf

pccard_conf="/etc/pccard.conf"

The whole upshot of this is that now when I start pccardd I don't have to
fsck the drive, although the system still hangs and I have to remove the
battery to reboot.

still searching.....

rudog@primenet.com
'If you're not living on the edge, then you're taking up too much space'