Date:      Fri, 15 Sep 1995 15:08:58 -0700
From:      David Greenman <davidg@Root.COM>
To:        Paul Traina <pst@shockwave.com>
Cc:        "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@kryten.atinc.com>, Andreas Klemm <andreas@knobel.gun.de>, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Which SUP files are available and where ?

>I thought a couple of people were reporting sig 11 problems on -stable.
>Is it true that there are NO sig 11 problems that we're aware of?

   There are no known reliability problems with -stable. All of the people
that I'm aware of that reported (any sort of) problems have since figured
out what was causing them and have fixed them. There was one bug which Rod
found that was causing a "CMAP busy" panic, but this isn't a new problem
and has been with us since last year. It is caused by an attempt to read
from /dev/kmem in an area that has no currently mapped page. This results
in a page fault and subsequantly messed up 'CMAP' page table entry. The
problem will normally only be seen when you have an out of date
/var/db/kvm_kernel.foo.db file. It only happens at boot time and it's actually
quite rare.

-DG