Date:      Sat, 24 Jul 1999 10:32:31 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Nick Hibma <nick.hibma@jrc.it>
Subject:   Re: PR 12634

: >
: >     Wellll.... 32 really ought to be enough.  Looking at your PR I think
:
:It's not my PR. I am just asking for opinions on his proposal.

     Oops, sorry!  s/you/him/g

: >     dealing with loops, I would hate to change it based on this particular
: >     setup because I think this setup could be optimized considerably to
: >     get well under the current limit of 32.
:
:That was what I thought as well.  You probably end up drowning the NFS
:server in stat()-s I guess. Other envvironments, single machine
:environments, it's bad design.
:
:Cheers,
:
:Nick

    Yah.  It's one of those things where sometimes the proper answer is to
    enforce more discipline.

    I remember hitting the softlinks=20 limit on a NeXT machine years ago.
    A simple, minor reorganization solved the problem in about 60 seconds.

						-Matt