Date:      Thu, 11 Aug 2016 21:19:15 +0200
From:      JosC <bsdports@cloudzeeland.nl>
To:        Kurt Jaeger <lists@opsec.eu>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports ML <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Perl upgrade - 5.20.x vulnerable

In een bericht van 11-8-2016 20:51:

> The patch to update was committed only a few hours ago. The
> packages on the pkg reposities need a bit more time until they
> are available. Then perl (any version) will be secure.

Thanks, will wait for that.

Just a question: so there is a stable version (5.20 in this case) - see
in the ports collection that it is possible to install up to v5.24. Does
that mean that 5.20+ versions aren't stable or how should I interprete
these version availabilities?

Beste regards,
Jos Chrispijn