Date:      Mon, 04 Oct 1999 12:58:11 -0400
From:      John <papalia@UDel.Edu>
To:        J McKitrick <jcm@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: saving space on laptop HD...

Not sure if you already tried this or not, but something that helped me
drop off a good amount of unneeded files was to cd /usr and then "make
clean".  Found out thru the list too that when building ports, it's a lot
more effective to "make install clean" or "make install && make clean".
That way you never forget to clean up the ./work directories.

Hope that helps you out.

--john