Date:      Wed, 5 Aug 2009 00:08:48 -0300
From:      "Carlos A. M. dos Santos" <unixmania@gmail.com>
To:        Tom Uffner <tom@uffner.com>
Cc:        Mel Flynn <mel.flynn+fbsd.ports@mailing.thruhere.net>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: x11-toolkits/xview requires COMPAT_43TTY defined to build on  -CURRENT

On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 3:45 AM, Tom Uffner<tom@uffner.com> wrote:
> Mel Flynn wrote:
>>
>> So, the real fix should come from upstream. For the time being, this
>> should work, marked MAKE_JOBS_UNSAFE while I was in there. The OSVERSION
>> leaves a three week hole where things won't work, but that should be
>> acceptable.
>
> Thank you for the patch.
>
> I'm guessing an upstream fix is pretty unlikely. I'd be surprised if
> there were even 10 people still using xview for anything other than
> legacy apps. My interest is because it's a dependency for sysutils/contool.
>
> and unfortunately it may all be pointless anyway because contool
> won't run on my system for reasons i have yet to determine.

Can't xconsole do the job for you instead of contool?

BTW, what problems do you have with contool? Are they the same ones
discussed before in these threads?

     http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-hackers/2008-October/026516.html
     http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-hackers/2008-November/026722.html

--
My preferred quotation of Robert Louis Stevenson is "You cannot
make an omelette without breaking eggs". Not because I like the