Date:      Mon, 10 Dec 2012 08:11:05 -0800
From:      Garrett Cooper <yanegomi@gmail.com>
To:        Gleb Smirnoff <glebius@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can't create lagg interfaces on recent HEAD (2012.12.05 based sources)

On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 8:03 AM, Garrett Cooper <yanegomi@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 2:03 AM, Gleb Smirnoff <glebius@freebsd.org> wrote:
>> On Fri, Dec 07, 2012 at 12:49:18PM -0800, Garrett Cooper wrote:
>> G>     I can't seem to create a lagg'ed interface on HEAD with ixgbe
>> G> (it's failing when creating a cloned interface), whereas creating it
>> G> on 9.1-STABLE built from a couple weeks ago just worked. Ideas?
>>
>> Have you recompiled the if_lagg.ko together with the kernel?
>
>     Ugh, good guess. Somehow it appears that it was picking up
> if_lagg.ko from kernel.old and this error message only magically
> appeared in the last couple hours on the machine (or I missed it
> previously in the console noise). Rebuilding/reinstalling the kernel
> to verify that it works after reboot.

    Turns out the part about it picking up the module from kernel.old
was just not noting that someone else had logged into the box and
tried to load the 9.1 KLD. So, still building and installing, but at
least I know now that there weren't any daemons in the machine (just
off it ;)..).
Thanks,
-Garrett