Date:      Fri, 12 Oct 2001 11:35:04 -0700
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@physics.iisc.ernet.in>
Cc:        Ted Mittelstaedt <tedm@toybox.placo.com>, cjclark@alum.mit.edu, Salvo Bartolotta <bartequi@neomedia.it>, "P. U. (Uli) Kruppa" <root@pukruppa.de>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Use of the UNIX Trademark

Rahul Siddharthan wrote:
> > > We still don't have anything for malaria beyond quinine,
> >
> > Actually, we have a vaccine.
>
> References?
> Certainly, there isn't one in general use.

My father took it before his trip to the Amazon with the
University of Pennsylvania alumni association.  It made
him sick as a dog for a good two weeks.

It's generally available from any doctor in the U.S., if
you have a reason to get it.

You can also get immunized for Hepatitus A & B, there is
an experimental vaccine for C, and you can get one for
tuberculosis, smallpox, anthrax, and a number of others,
but they are rarely prescribed to anyone outside the health
care profession or the military, respectively.

-- Terry