Date:      Mon, 15 Sep 1997 17:50:01 +0200
From:      j@ida.interface-business.de (J Wunsch)
To:        marcs@znep.com (Marc Slemko)
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Apache question

As Marc Slemko wrote:

> You are trying to access a directory without a trailing '/'.  Because the
> object you request doesn't exist, Apache can't send it to you.  It can,
> however, be nice and tell you what you are really looking for.  To do that
> it has to send a redirect.

Ah -- now that makes sense.  Thanks!  (So i know that, besides of
adding virtual servers, it's sufficient to edit the links that point
to these directories so to include "dirname/index.html".)

> Oh, and I should add my standard don't use 1.2b6 use 1.2.4.

:-)

This is a totally unimportant server running on my machine at home.
Its HTTP request hit rate is probably around 5 per day. ;-)

--
J"org Wunsch					       Unix support engineer
joerg_wunsch@interface-business.de       http://www.interface-business.de/~j