Date:      Mon, 28 Oct 2002 08:50:51 -0800
From:      erk! <tapeworm@insekta.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: root-tail question

On Mon, 28 Oct 2002 06:53:39 -0600
Bryan Cassidy <bryanc2000@insightbb.com> wrote:

> I don't know if this is the appropriate mailing list but it should be
> pretty simple for someone to answer so. I just installed root-tail
> from the ports and when I root-tail -f /var/log/message and it prints
> the output from /var/log/messages on the "top left" of the window and
> the text is kinda small. I was wondering 3 things. First I would like
> to know how do I change the font size, second how could I make it go
> to the "bottom left" but not all the way down so it would cover the
> toolbar of fluxbox. I dont want it to cover the toolbar. Third is if
> anyone uses root-tail could you post what options you use when you
> load root-tail?

read it's manpage for a full list of options and whatnot.

it's default position is to be in the top left, but you can change this
with some experimentation.  it's a little difficult to get it set to
where you want it, but once you figure out what you're doing, it's a
piece of cake.  you can change the font size even more easily.

anyway, read its docu.  it's very straightforward and covers all your
questions in detail.

also to note: it doesn't cover the toolbar.  afaik, it always stays
behind everything.

- erk!