Date:      Mon, 31 Jul 1995 08:26:28 -0400
From:      Cihat Ozhasoglu <ozhas-c@acsu.buffalo.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Boot manager and win95

Hello,

I have been running FBSD 2.0.5R on my machine since it release date.  I had
the following configuration

        master drive(ide): windows nt 3.5, 500meg
        slave drive(ide): 1st 500meg fbsd, the rest windows nt

This configuration worked flawlessly untill yesterday when I reformatted and
repartitioned both of my harddrives.  Also, for the above config. I used
only one primary disk controller.

Now I have windows 95 on my 1st ide and fnsd on the 2nd ide drive with 2
slices of 360 meg each.  I also tried one large 700 meg slice.  I am using a
secondary e-ide controller for the fbsd hd.  I installed win95 1st and then
fbsd, installation runs very smoothly (from WC-cdrom) and I install
(supposedly) the boot manager (also tried standard) but when it reboots,
there is absolutely no trace of the boot manager or any part of fbsd.  I get
booted directly into win95!!!!

Is there any way around this problem?  Isn't fbsd supposed to overwrite the
win95 boot blocks?

Thanks for your time :-)

Cihat Ozhasoglu
Dept. of Physics