Date:      Wed, 18 Jul 2001 19:13:31 +0000
From:      Tony Finch <dot@dotat.at>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
Cc:        sthaug@nethelp.no, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, Jef Poskanzer <jef@acme.com>, Tony Finch <dot@dotat.at>
Subject:   Re: thttpd hack for sendfile and accept filters.

Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net> wrote:

>The easiest way would be to have thttpd fork after listening a
>pre-determined amount of servers, then they'll all compete calling
>accept() to grab connections.

This is exactly what we did at Demon, which was for a long time
the largest thttpd installation, with about 70,000 vhosts on
one machine with a few reverse-proxies in front. I think I sent
that patch to Jef, but it is hardly rocket science :-)

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch <dot@dotat.at>
FISHER: NORTHEAST 4 OR 5. RAIN LATER. GOOD.