Date:      Thu, 27 Apr 2006 20:22:08 +0200
From:      Martin <nakal@nurfuerspam.de>
To:        Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: geli password prompt does not work

Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:
> Flags field suggest that you were giving the passphrase on boot, before
> root file system was mounted. Is that right?

Yes. That's correct.

> Can you enter DDB, look for g_event and g_eli_worker processes PIDs in
> 'ps' output and send me the output of 'trace <pid>' for both of them?
> You can enter debugger with ctrl+alt+del if you have DDB compiled into
> the kernel.

No, I cannot enter the debugger. The only thing that seems to work is
scrolling. I'm using "kernel.debug".

> Could you also put kern.geom.debugflags=1 and kern.geom.eli.debug=3 into
> /boot/loader.conf and send me the output as well?

That's what I get, but it does not differ much from the working version:

GEOM_ELI[3]: Tasting ad0s3g.
g_detach(0xc47c79c0)
g_destroy_consumer(0xc47c79c0)
g_destroy_geom(0xc47ce880(eli:taste))
Enter passphrase for ad0s2g: g_post_event_x(0xc06126ac,0xc47a8900,2,0)
ref 0xc47a8900
cd0 at ata1 bus 0 target 0 lun 0
cd0: <HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4240N 02111> Removable CD-ROM SCSI-0 device
cd0: 33.000MB/s transfers
cd0: cd present [38919x2048 byte records]

And after detecting the DVD-ROM, geom_eli waits as usually, but I
cannot enter the password. Maybe the keyboard is just blocked?
That might explain why I cannot enter the debugger.

--
Martin