Date:      Mon, 9 Nov 1998 12:36:00 -0500
From:      "Walker, Scott" <WALKERSC@cibc.ca>
To:        "\"jlemon@americantv.com\" " <jlemon@americantv.com>, "\"pat.groce@state.sd.us\" " <pat.groce@state.sd.us>
Cc:        "\"freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG\" " <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: unix is a problem: free bsd doesn't help

     Yes I am.

     I don't hack code all day, hell I can't even code. Yet I run a stable
     linux and freebsd box. without any problems. Couldn't get anything but
     3.0? That's funny, I got 2.2.7 yesterday that way. Guess you can't
     figure out ftp yet. Oh well. And how is it freebsd fault, last time I
     checked, it was the use who booted the machine, selected options. You
     must have the new AI FreeBSd, that installs it's self and runs it
     self.

_________________________________
Author:  "pat.groce@state.sd.us" [SMTP:pat.groce@state.sd.us] at BCEEXCH
Date:    11/9/98 12:30 PM

I couldn't get anything but 3.0 over the net. I mean i download boot.flp and

fdimage.exe, made my install disk, and 3.0 was what i got. DON'T BLAME ME, I

DID EVERYTHING THE WWW.FREEBD.ORG TOLD ME TO FOR AN INSTALL. Why didn't the
web site or setup program warn me not to install 3.0?

The web page at http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/install.html made it all
sound so simple. I didn't know there were hidden issues!

If the system isn't configured correctly its FREEBSD'S fault! Why can't a
fresh install even stand on two legs? So what if its out of disk space? Not
my fault. It should have configured the partitions correctly from the first
place. What a joke! And you're blaming ME for the system having problems?

ADMIT IT! FREEBSD CAN NEVER HOLD A CANDLE TO NT. ONLY A MOUNTAIN TROLL WHO
SPENDS HIS DAYS SLOBBERING OVER A KEYBOARD HACKING SYSTEM CODE COULD EVER
GET IT WORKING.

This os is not for the business world!