Date:      Mon, 12 Apr 1999 10:28:44 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Adam Dace <awd@kiwi.pyro.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Supported Socket 7 Motherboard UDMA Chipsets ?

Hello all!

Basically, I'm about to go out and buy a motherboard to create a server
with.  I know I'll be using a UDMA disk and was wondering:

a) The Asus P5A motherboard contains an ALi M1543 Super I/O Controller.
Is this chipset supported for UDMA by FreeBSD?

b) What, if any, Socket 7 motherboards contain UDMA chipsets that are
supported by FreeBSD?

Unfortunately I'm not on the mailing list as of yet, so please cc: any

Thanks!

Adam W. Dace