Date:      Mon, 4 Oct 1999 15:15:32 +0200 (METDST)
From:      hm@hcs.de (Hellmuth Michaelis)
To:        joe@pavilion.net (Josef Karthauser)
Cc:        hm@hcs.de, isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Cause 34 disconnects.

From the keyboard of Josef Karthauser:

> > Cause 34 is "no circuit/channel available" = "this cause indicates that
> > there is no appropriate circuit/channel presently available to handle
> > this call".
> >
> > In case both B-channels are in use and someone wants to dial in or you
> > want to dial out this cause is reported.
>
> The only thing using the ISDN is I4B.
>
> > I'm quite shure i4b handles this properly, although ....
> >
> > As a first guess, i'd say your exchange is overloaded.
>
> If that was the case, why does a unplug-plug in again work?  The problem
> doesn't clear on it's own.

I have no idea.

Perhaps you might want to send me the isdnd log and the output of
isdntrace -i for the occurence of cause 34, a failing dialin or
dialout in this situation, the final unplug-plug and the first
succecssfull connection after that.

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis                                    Tel   +49 40 559747-70
HCS Hanseatischer Computerservice GmbH                Fax   +49 40 559747-77