Date:      Sat, 2 Dec 2000 10:57:14 +0100 (CET)
From:      Frederik Meerwaldt <frederik@freddym.org>
To:        Thomas Moestl <tmoestl@gmx.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: natd bug

Hi!

> Is your link up at that time? The usual setup for a sppp device using dynamic
> ip's is an invalid ip (0.0.0.0) that is changed once an ip was assigned. So, if
> you are not dialled in, the invalid ip will be put in by natd, and that usually
> causes this error message.

I want the link to get up then. Normally (if I set a normal route) I just
set the isp0 network interface up (ifconfig isp0 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.1 link1
up) and then do a ping 194.25.2.129 (a DNS Server externally) and then the
ISDN interface dials out. Now I want to do the same, but not over a route
but over natd and a gateway, so that it dials out when a package from any
computer arrives.

Best Regards,
	Freddy

--
Geek Code 3.1: GCS s+: a--- C+++ UBOU+++ P-- E--- W++ N w--- V++ PGP- t? 5? tv

Frederik Meerwaldt  ICQ: 83045387  Homepage: http://www.freddym.org
 Bavaria/Germany              OpenVMS and Unix Howtos and much more
   FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD, Tru64, OpenVMS, Ultrix, BeOS, Linux