Date:      Tue, 20 Sep 2011 06:41:06 -0500
From:      Antonio Olivares <olivares14031@gmail.com>
To:        Anthony Brown <anthony@found-it.net>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: no X after installing xorg + xfce

> The first thing to try is reading the handbook section on configuring
> X at http://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/x-config.html - specifically
> try running
>
> Xorg -configure
>
> as root to get a basic xorg.conf file that you can then tweak
>
> Once you have this working, you may like to try the binary nvidia
> driver available from
> http://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-uk which should
> provide the all the features of the graphics card
>
> Anthony

Been there!  Done that!   Makes no difference.  X hangs and returns
screen with many lines in colors but X does not work correctly.  So
thanks for advice, but no that does not help.  Maybe what do I have to
lose, I should try to rebuild system or reinstall to see if it makes a
difference?

Regards,

Antonio